Monday, March 12, 2012

Marathon Under 12 Weeks Away!

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

I can hardly believe it, the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon is just under 12 weeks away! I have that bizzare feeling of "I can't wait!!" mixed with "What am I DOING??"



My training is going very well (thanks Hal Higdon!) and I have met my new best friend, the 'calf compression sleeve.' I am currently running in black sleeves:

But in true Rock n Roll Marathon spirit think I will go a bit wild in neon pink!

Seriously, with people dressed like Elvis and Joan Jett at these races, how bad they can look?

The calf sleeve provides just enough compression to really feel good and supportive during my long runs, and for recovery after. My calves feel great, and I like that they aren't an actual sock.

I ran a beautiful and relaxing 12 miles last Saturday early morning, with an experienced marathoner from my group (thanks Pat!). I asked her a hundred questions as we wound through historic neighborhoods in downtown Denver (Cheesman Park area). Gorgeous tree-lined streets and beautiful mansions make for some nice scenary.


Now that I am under the 12 week mark, the miles are really picking up each week. I continually pray that Jesus will keep me strong and injury free, and that I will trust my training plan and stay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment