Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We HAVE A MARATHON!!

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalms 119:105

San Diego Rock n Roll Full Marathon: June 3, 2012! Almost 4 months sooner than I had originally planned.



I can't remember EVER taking this long to fill out a form and hit the 'submit' key.  I'd fill it out, then have a "Oh, wait" thought and do more research. I am now fairly versed in San Diego average June temperatures and elevation changes, among other random facts I suddenly felt compelled to learn. Finally, I hit 'submit,' which was the final step, and the FIRST step toward my marathon, all at the same time.

God is so very good! This date fits beautifully into our plans to take a family trip to Southern California, meaning Dave and all four kids can be there to encourage me over that finish line. And, it came with a freebie ticket to Sea World for me, and discounts for my large family...a savings that was bigger than my marathon entry fee. My inner skinflint was absolutely gleeful. Now if I can get the time share week my parents are letting us use to line up, I will be all set! I have faith, God won't let a single detail slip by.

I am officially in the first of an 18 week training program. Thanks to my compulsive nature and desire to run long distances on weekends, I am already half way to the 26.2 mile mark.

So off I go. Lots of miles between here and there to be run. I have banned myself from complaining about this undertaking that is 100% my own doing, and to constantly seek the lessons the Lord is teaching me along the way.

And hey...since I am also planning to run the Denver Rock n Roll marathon in September, I will get the awesome 'Heavy Medalist' medal...love my bling!! Could it get better?


No comments:

Post a Comment